You can’t beat this time in Ottawa! We rush to whatever patio opens first, or you may catch us sitting in parks or walking along the street, face up to the sunlight, with a huge smile on. No wonder Canada is considered such a happy place!
Celebrate “A World of Tulips” at the 2018 edition of the multi-award-winning Canadian Tulip Festival.
Uniquely Canadian and one of the largest events of its kind in the world!
And just in time for the Tulip Festival, Ottawa Boat Cruises begin their famous cruises down the Rideau Canal and the Ottawa River. Book early to get onboard!!
We love our bikes here in Ottawa and have more trails than you can imagine. Explore our page HERE devoted just to Cycling in and around the Capital!!
Gatineau Park has officially opened it’s trails an beaches for the spring ans summer season! The snow has disappeared and the sun is making it’s way through the trees, warming up all of the hiking paths. The trails continue to be a wonderful spectacle as the weather increases, with beautiful lakes and scenic routes.
Parc Omega offers many different options for families, animal lovers, and those who want to be outside all year round! They offer car tours as well as walking tours which allow you to get into nature and see a variety of animals in their natural habitats.
Visit the Arboretum, located on Ottawa’s experimental farm which is home to Canada’s Agriculture and Food museum! Come walk through the park and enjoy the blooming flowers and the warm spring air this season.
Yoga on Parliament Hill is back for the spring and summer! Join Lululemon as they present renowned yoga instructors every Wednesday at noon! Just bring your own mat and water, all levels of yogis are welcome for free yoga on the hill! Starting on May 9th, 2018
Get on the water at Dow’s Lake. Since the beginning of May, canoe, kayaks and paddle boats are now available for rental until the end of the summer.
Camp Fortune is known to Ottawa as ski resort during the winter. However, starting in the spring those giant hills get a makeover and are turned into zip lines and high ropes courses! Leave your skis at home and bring your sneakers for an aerial adventure.
Check out all the great events happening in Ottawa this weekend! In an effort to assist your front-line staff with suggestions for guests/visitors, below is a list of great things to do in and around Ottawa this weekend. Please share with as many staff as possible.
- The Main Farmers’ Market continues selling local produce weekly on Saturdays through to October in Old Ottawa East. Admission is FREE!
- The Ottawa Champions play home games this week at the Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park! Watch them take on the Québec Capitales this Thursday, June 7 (with $1 hot dogs!) as well as the Salina Stockade on Friday, June 8 through Sunday, June 10… with special Saturday night fireworks!
- Celebrate all things Italian at the Preston Street BIA’s Italian Week Festival! Enjoy Italian art, culture, history, and more now through June 25 at various events in the neighbourhood. Admission is FREE!
- Check out some of the best local craft breweries, food, music and more at the Orléans Craft Beer Festival this Thursday, June 7 to Saturday, June 9 just east of Ottawa.
- A great new exhibition, Medieval Europe – Power and Splendour, opens this Friday, June 8 at the Canadian Museum of History and continues through to January 2019!
- Explore the area just west of downtown Ottawa at Westfest, this Friday, June 8 to Sunday, June 10 at the Tom Brown Arena and Park with great musical acts, dance parties, and much more! Admission is FREE!
- Cheer on Canada’s men’s national team as they compete at the Volleyball Nations League this Friday, June 8 to Sunday, June 10 at the Arena at TD Place!
- Support local makers and shop for one-of-a-kind crafts at 613flea this Saturday, June 9 at Lansdowne. Admission is FREE!
- Dance the night away at the Latin Sparks Block Party this Saturday, June 9 at Albert Island! The event features live performances, dance lessons, food trucks, lots of music and more.