COVID-19 Protocol & Update (updated September, 2022)
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY AND WELL-BEING
At the Lord Elgin Hotel, we are working hard to ensure that we are ready to welcome back our guests from around the world. As we adjust to new travel standards and expectations, we remain committed to providing peace of mind for our guests so they can relax in a safe and comfortable environment.
We fully embrace the enhanced requirements being issued by the local health authorities and governments on a country-by-country basis. As always, we remain uncompromising in our approach to cleanliness, and in many cases go above and beyond the health authority and government regulations. On every level, we will continue to protect the many communities we serve.
In these extraordinary times, we live by our values, which means doing everything we can to provide a safe and enjoyable stay for our guests whilst also providing the exemplary service for which we are known.
MEASURE WE ARE TAKING:
How we’re ensuring workers know how to keep themselves safe from exposure to COVID-19
- Department Heads will provide training on Covid-19, how to protect themselves, and the hotel’s policies and practices for all staff members within their first shift.
- Any new information/procedures will be provided to staff via direct communication (in-person meetings, phone calls, or direct emails) with department heads and written notice updates will be posted at the employee entrance/punch clock.
- Infographics will be used where appropriate to ensure more effective communication.
How we’re controlling the risk of transmission in our workplace
- An employee vaccination policy has been implemented to increase protection for employees and guests, effective December 31st, 2021
- Employees are encouraged to provide any suggestions by email, in-person, or in writing to the General Manager. The General Manager will then review the suggestions with the appropriate department head to determine feasibility.
What we will do if there is a potential case, or suspected exposure to, COVID-19 at our workplace
- Potential cases or suspected exposure will immediately be reported to the appropriate Department Head and the General Manager.
- Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) and Ottawa Public Health will be contacted for instructions on how to continue.
How we’re managing any new risks caused by the changes made to the way we operate our business
- The General Manager will continue to conduct risk assessments with each Department Head to identify risks in each department and to manage or eliminate the risks. New hazards and risks will be communicated with staff members in person and in writing to ensure that there is thorough and accurate communication.
- As new employees are hired, they will be provided with training on Covid-19, how to protect themselves, and the hotel’s policies and practices as part of their orientation.
How we’re making sure our plan is working
- This plan will be reviewed by the General Manager and Department Heads once a month at a minimum. Additional reviews will be conducted with any changes to the recommendations of Ottawa Public Health or Public Health Ontario.
- Any suggestions made by guests or staff members in regards to the efficiency or effectiveness of policies and procedures will be reviewed by the appropriate Department Head and the General Manager. If the review results in a change in the policy or procedure, this plan will be updated, any affected staff will be informed directly, and a notice will be posted to ensure that all staff are aware of the change. Posted copies of this plan will also be updated.
WE ARE VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT PROVIDING OUR GUESTS WITH THE WARM HOSPITALITY THAT YOU HAVE COME TO KNOW US FOR. DESPITE ALL THESE NEW PRECAUTIONS AND PROCEDURES, WE WANT YOU TO FEEL AS WELCOME AND AT HOME AS ALWAYS.
Updated: September 2022