LIZ – Corporate Sales Manager with Style – 1 Decade and 7 beautiful months.
“While working for the competition on the other side of the Mackenzie Bridge, I secretly dreamed of working, and representing the Historic Lord Elgin Hotel. I always felt that this would be a labour of passion and not a job. One day, I called Ann Meelker, Director of Sales, and asked for a position in Sales. Here I am today, proud to be part of the history of the Lord Elgin Hotel.”
“Where do I begin. Almost every day is a memorable moment. Let’s start with:
- Securing the largest booking in the 79-year history of the Lord Elgin Hotel
- Booking, and successfully orchestrating a Mini Car convention with over 100 mini cars enthusiasts arriving all at the same time. That was so much fun!
- Experiencing our 14-million-dollar renovation
- Celebrating Lord Elgin Hotel’s 75thanniversary
- Meeting and hugging the Dalai Lama
- Watching many of my colleague’s careers soar, families grow, and sharing so many life stories with my Lord Elgin family.
- Having the privilege to work with such a diverse group of people. We are a mini United Nations here at Lord Elgin Hotel. I work with wonderful people from almost every country in the world.”
“I practice and teach Yoga which opened me up to a new community and language. Weight lifting keeps me strong and confident, and photography is how I express my creativity.”
“Every single client impacts my life in some way and many have become really good friends. I have a lot of stories, but they are all in the vault. “