LIZ – Corporate Sales Manager with Style – 1 Decade and 7 beautiful months.
“While working for the competition on the other side of the Mackenzie Bridge, I secretly dreamed of working, and representing the Historic Lord Elgin Hotel. I always felt that this would be a labour of passion and not a job. One day, I called Ann Meelker, Director of Sales, and asked for a position in Sales. Here I am today, proud to be part of the history of the Lord Elgin Hotel.”
“Where do I begin. Almost every day is a memorable moment. Let’s start with:
- Securing the largest booking in the 79-year history of the Lord Elgin Hotel
- Booking, and successfully orchestrating a Mini Car convention with over 100 mini cars enthusiasts arriving all at the same time. That was so much fun!
- Experiencing our 14-million-dollar renovation
- Celebrating Lord Elgin Hotel’s 75thanniversary
- Meeting and hugging the Dalai Lama
- Watching many of my colleague’s careers soar, families grow, and sharing so many life stories with my Lord Elgin family.
- Having the privilege to work with such a diverse group of people. We are a mini United Nations here at Lord Elgin Hotel. I work with wonderful people from almost every country in the world.”
“I practice and teach Yoga which opened me up to a new community and language. Weight lifting keeps me strong and confident, and photography is how I express my creativity.”
“Every single client impacts my life in some way and many have become really good friends. I have a lot of stories, but they are all in the vault. “
Are you and the family looking for that getaway this 2020 March Break? Our locally-owned and family oriented downtown hotel, is offering a stay package to fit your needs. This package includes accommodation and breakfast for up to four (up to two adults and two children 0-12 years), 2 vouchers for the very famous milkshakes at Zaks Diner, valet parking and two museum family passes for 2 of Ottawa’s most popular museums. The Museum of History and the Museum of Nature with the amazing access to special exhibit: Me & My Microbes: the Zoo Inside You & Butterflies in Flight! Here at the hotel we want to make your stay exceptional and show you that we offer the best for you and your family. The Lord Elgin Hotel members will be there to help you with any questions or needs.
What to do this 2020 March Break when your done for the day and ready to relax, come back to the hotel and sit next to the pool or in the hot tub. You can also ask at the front desk for a board game or deck of cards to play with the children in your rooms. Our Family Fun Package is available for your stay during March Break and all year round.
Also, check out our many other packages here!