At this time, when people are anxious about travelling due to the fear surrounding COVID-19, the new Coronavirus, it makes sense to stay closer to home this March Break 2020 and come to the Lord Elgin Hotel in downtown Ottawa for your family getaway.
March Break 2020, Ottawa is the perfect spot to escape to with your family. We have more museums and attractions than any city in Canada. And when you are weary from walking and visiting all these fabulous spots, you can return to this cozy hotel in the centre of Ottawa and go for a leisurely swim or play some boardgames in the lobby or your room, curl up by our fireplace, or wander down Elgin Street for some great fare at any of the wonderful restaurants such as Zak’s Diner, Johnny Farina’s, Whalesbone, or if you love vegetarian, try Pure Kitchen, a favourite for many! Our March break package includes two free milkshakes at Zak’s, the BEST milkshake you will have!!!
Book here with the FAMILY FUN PACKAGE!
If you want to go a bit further afar, head out to one of the many maple bushes in the Ottawa Valley, or Gatineau. Here’s the link to some events you can take part in during your stay. https://www.ottawatourism.ca/ottawa-insider/march-break-activities/
LIZ – Corporate Sales Manager with Style – 1 Decade and 7 beautiful months.
“While working for the competition on the other side of the Mackenzie Bridge, I secretly dreamed of working, and representing the Historic Lord Elgin Hotel. I always felt that this would be a labour of passion and not a job. One day, I called Ann Meelker, Director of Sales, and asked for a position in Sales. Here I am today, proud to be part of the history of the Lord Elgin Hotel.”
“Where do I begin. Almost every day is a memorable moment. Let’s start with:
- Securing the largest booking in the 79-year history of the Lord Elgin Hotel
- Booking, and successfully orchestrating a Mini Car convention with over 100 mini cars enthusiasts arriving all at the same time. That was so much fun!
- Experiencing our 14-million-dollar renovation
- Celebrating Lord Elgin Hotel’s 75thanniversary
- Meeting and hugging the Dalai Lama
- Watching many of my colleague’s careers soar, families grow, and sharing so many life stories with my Lord Elgin family.
- Having the privilege to work with such a diverse group of people. We are a mini United Nations here at Lord Elgin Hotel. I work with wonderful people from almost every country in the world.”
“I practice and teach Yoga which opened me up to a new community and language. Weight lifting keeps me strong and confident, and photography is how I express my creativity.”
“Every single client impacts my life in some way and many have become really good friends. I have a lot of stories, but they are all in the vault. “