Autumn is a special time to visit Ottawa, as vibrant fall colours frame the Capital’s national sights, and Fall Rhapsody celebrations and activities attract thousands to nearby Gatineau Park – just a 15-minute drive from Parliament Hill.
From October 5 to 27th, enjoy Fall Rhapsody in Gatineau Park. Enjoy the spectacular fall colours on display and explore the unique and fascinating places that offer magnificent views – as well as being great spots to have a picnic in nature, take a walk in the woods or enjoy a bike ride. And, you’ll encounter far few people there during the week.
Or for the more adventurous, there is Great Canadian Bungee Jumping near Wakefield, ziplining at Camp Fortune, visiting Parc Omega, in addition to all the best of hiking and biking trails for those with lots of energy! Check out the Ottawa Tourism Fall Page for a full list of things to do in the coming months. For those that would like to get the best of Ottawa, have a look at this three-day Itinerary that Ottawa Tourism has put together with care!
What’s happening this weekend?
Playing in Grill41 at the Lord Elgin Hotel this Thursday night at 9pm for live Jazz . Join us for some amazing tunes and tapas!
September in Ottawa kicks off with a busy weekend! In an effort to assist your front-line staff with suggestions for guests/visitors, below is a list of great things to do in and around Ottawa this weekend. Please share with as many staff as possible.
- Cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS as they take on the Toronto Argonauts this Saturday, September 7 at TD Place!
- Don’t forget that Elgin Street remains open during construction – check out I Dig Elgin for more information and use the City Hall Garage for free parking evenings and weekends. FREE!
- This Saturday, September 7, check out the vibrant Beechwood neighbourhood for live music, great food, arts, and much more at Beechfest. FREE!
- Enjoy the aerial show and subsequent displays put on at AERO Gatineau-Ottawa 2019 this Friday, September 6 to Sunday, September 8 at the Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport.
- Check out Gauguin: Portraits as the summer exhibition wraps up this Sunday, September 8 at the National Gallery of Canada. Bring the family for some kid friendly art projects at Artissimo on Saturdays and Sundays until the end of September!
- The Northern Lights: Sound and Light Show on Parliament Hill wraps up this weekend with the final show projected onto the Centre Block of Parliament Hill this Sunday, September 8. FREE!
- Get active as Zumba on the Hill continues every Sunday afternoon on Parliament Hill until September 22. FREE!
- This is the final weekend for rafting at OWL Rafting – enjoy one of the last outings of the season on Saturday, September 7 or Sunday, September 8! Rafting at Wilderness Tours, and Ottawa City Rafting continues until the end of September while Rafting Momentum is open through the fall.
- See Omega Park’s new illuminated trail as Omega by Night continues into October! This nighttime route is open Thursdays to Saturdays starting at dusk.
- Visit Russell, Ontario for classic rural fair fun at the Russell Agricultural Fair now until Sunday, September 8!
- Head out to one of the great Ottawa area hiking trails for some late-summer fun. FREE!
- Enjoy fall fun and lots of crisp apples at Les Vergers Villeneuve and Blueberry Farm with Applefest this Saturday, September 7 and Sunday, September 8. FREE!