Autumn is a special time to visit Ottawa, as vibrant fall colours frame the Capital’s national sights, and Fall Rhapsody celebrations and activities attract thousands to nearby Gatineau Park – just a 15-minute drive from Parliament Hill.
What’s happening this weekend?
Check out all the fun activities around Ottawa this weekend!
• The wait is over! The Canada Science and Technology Museum reopens its doors on Friday, November 17, the day of their 50th anniversary, after almost 3 years and $80.5 million dollars in renovations. Check out the Crazy Kitchen, locomotives, temporary and permanent exhibitions, and lots of fun new activities and educational programs.
• Check out the Canadian Videogame Competition & Expo, on now through Saturday, November 18! At this Ottawa 2017 event, play family-friendly video games, check out gaming tournaments, and watch games projected onto buildings at Carleton University, University of Ottawa, and the ByWard Market (check website for details). FREE!
• Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they play two games this weekend at the Canadian Tire Centre! On Thursday, November 16 watch as they take on the Pittsburgh Penguins and on Saturday, November 18 as they play the Arizona Coyotes.
• See Santa Claus on Saturday, November 18 at the Help Santa Toy Parade! Expect street closures on Laurier Avenue West between City Hall and Bank Street, and down Bank Street to the end of the parade at TD Place. FREE!
• Head to the Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum on Saturday, November 18 for the Whisky Business Fundraiser, where five Canadian whiskies will be paired with fun food creations!
• Now through Sunday, November 19 visit the Signatures Show at the Shaw Centre for hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind finds! Perfect for Christmas shopping.
• Ignite your wanderlust at the Ottawa Adventure Film Festival this Saturday, November 18 and Sunday, November 19 at the Mayfair Theatre.
• Head to Wesley Clover Parks, from Friday, November 17 through January 6, 2018 to see the Magic of Lights, a 2-kilometre drive-through Christmas light display!