Winter in Ottawa is for those that love to embrace life and the great outdoors. And, as we have for 40 years, play host to the best Winter festival ever – a Canadian Signature Experience called Winterlude.
Stay at the Lord Elgin Hotel, where you are at the heart of the best winter activities. The Rideau Canal, now in the Guinness Book of Records as the Longest Skating Rink in the World, is located only one block from the hotel and has already opened to public skating. Other key event sites for Winterlude, including the Byward Market, home to the Ice Carving Competition, are all within a few blocks of the hotel.
The Lord Elgin is again offering our very popular Winter Getaway Package that is the ideal combination for your visit to this amazing festival. With skate rentals, free parking and breakfast and just a short walk to the canal, it doesn’t get better. BOOK IT NOW!
Steps away you can also enjoy best shopping Ottawa has to offer – the Rideau Centre, just one block from the hotel and the Byward Market, which is full of boutiques and specialty stores to find that unique item. Dine in the hotel, or try one of the many restaurants and eateries located on or near Elgin Street, or in the Byward Market, in the Glebe or Westboro… all very popular with foodies!
See the amazing lights in Confederation Park, or take in the many activities as outlined below.
- Winter continues with lots of fun things to do around Ottawa! In an effort to assist your front-line staff with suggestions for guests/visitors, below is a list of great things to do in and around Ottawa this weekend. Please share with as many staff as possible.
- The Rideau Canal Skateway is now open! Skate along the currently open 7.8km of the outdoor skating rink that runs through downtown Ottawa. Check online for ice conditions. FREE!
- Vegas is closer than you think! Now through to mid-February, head to the Casino du Lac-Leamy for a chance to enter the money machine, a Chapel of Love, Vegas-themed cocktails and even a $1 million grand prize at the Casino’s Vegas Nights!
- The Ottawa Home and Remodeling Show is this weekend at the EY Centre. Check out furniture, learn about remodeling, and check out lots of great exhibitors from today until Sunday, January 20.
- Visit the Ottawa Art Gallery this Friday, January 18 to check out video works by local filmmakers at the RESOLUTION 2019 screening in Saw Video.
- The Ottawa 67’s play two games this weekend at TD Place, on Friday, January 18 against the Peterborough Petes (which also happens to be a Dunder Mifflin, The Office themed night) and on Saturday, January 19 against the Hamilton Bulldogs!
- Support Ottawa’s craft beer scene with Brewery Doors Open Ottawa – Saturday, January 19, various breweries around Ottawa are opening their doors and offering tours for the public. Check out the full list of breweries online!
- Check out films about mountain sports, adventure, and the environment at the Best of Banff Mountain Film Festival showing this Monday, January 21 to Thursday, January 24 at the Bytowne Cinema!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators this Tuesday, January 22 as they play the Arizona Coyotes at the Canadian Tire Centre.
For more information check out the Ottawa Tourism website