Ottawa Events & Activities
Guests of the Lord Elgin enjoy jogging alongside the Rideau Canal, or in winter, skating on it when it becomes the longest skating rink in the world. As the capital of Canada, visitors enjoy the Parliament Buildings, National Arts Centre, Museum of Civilization, National Art Gallery and the new War Museum.
Adventurous Activites in Ottawa
For those seeking adventure in Ottawa, stay at the Lord Elgin Hotel and take in all that Ottawa offers and more. Click here for a detailed list of Ottawa area activites, adventure companies and outfitters.
- Rink of Dreams - Ottawa's newest and coolest outdoor rink located at City Hall, right across the street from the Hotel.
- Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During the winter months, it becomes the world’s largest outdoor skating rink.
- National Arts Centre. Ask about our exclusive offers with the National Arts Centre, as the Lord Elgin is a proud partner of the NAC Dance series. Book your tickets to the show and save on a night at the hotel!
- Parliament Hill, the seat of Canada’s Federal Government, is only a short walk from the Lord Elgin Hotel.
- Gatineau Park offers hiking, biking and cross-country skiing
- Byward Market is one of Canada’s largest public markets
Meet in Ottawa
The all new Ottawa Convention Centre located just one block from the Lord Elgin Hotel is a world class convention facility.
Museums & Galleries
- Canadian Museum of Civilization
- Canadian War Museum
- National Gallery of Canada
- Canada Aviation Museum
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Royal Canadian Mint
- Diefenbunker, Canada’s Cold War Museum
- Billings Estate Museum
- Bytown Museum
- Cumberland Heritage Village Museum