From February 2nd to 19th, Ottawa plays host to the best Winter festival ever – a Canadian Signature Experience called Winterlude.
Stay at the newly renovated Lord Elgin Hotel, where you are at the heart of the best Winter activities including Winterlude, our famous Winter Festival. Overlooking Confederation Park, home to the Winterlude’s Crystal Garden (International Ice Carving Competition), you could not find a better vantage point. The Rideau Canal, now in the Guinness Book of Records as the Longest Skating Rink in the World, is located only one block from the hotel.
We have a Winter Getaway Package that is the ideal combination for your visit to this amazing festival. With skate rentals, free parking and breakfast and just a short walk to the canal, it doesn’t get better. BOOK IT NOW!
To appreciate just how ideally located the Lord Elgin for Winterlude, have a peak at this video:
Steps away you can also enjoy best shopping Ottawa has to offer – the Rideau Centre, just one block from the hotel and the Byward Market, which is full of boutiques and specialty stores to find that unique item. Dine in the hotel, or try one of the many restaurants and eateries located on or near Elgin Street, or in the Byward Market, in the Glebe or Westboro… all very popular with foodies!
NEW this year – Mosaivernales in Gatineau. If you were lucky enough to see Mosaica this past summer, you will be awestruck with this amazing display of winter magic. From January 26th to March 4th in Jacques Cartier Park just across the Alexandria Bridge.
Winterlude wraps up this weekend with a busy weekend packed full of fun winter activities! In an effort to assist your front-line staff with suggestions for guests/visitors, below is a list of great things to do in and around Ottawa this weekend. Please share with as many staff as possible.
- The 40th edition of Winterlude wraps up this weekend with programming through to Monday, February 19 (Family Day in Ontario). The official sites are the Rideau Canal Skateway, Crystal Garden (Confederation Park), and Snowflake Kingdom (Jacques-Cartier Park in Gatineau), which has moved to a new location at 350 Laurier Street, a little north of where it was previously. Check out fun Winterlude activities this weekend, including: a live taping of CBC’s All in a Day, the 40th Gatineau Loppet, the Winterman Marathon and running events, the 38th Accora Village Bed Race, fun Winterlude activities at the Bytown Museum, an obstacle course, Tim Hortons beverage samples, Ice Carving Secrets, Move It! Kids Dance Shows, SubZero Concert Series, ByWard Blizzard Beats, and much more! Most of the activities are FREE!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they play the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday, February 15 and the New York Rangers on Saturday, February 17 both at the Canadian Tire Centre!
- Head to Lansdowne this Friday, February 16 and Saturday, February 17 to enjoy craft beer, local dishes, fun beer-themed activities, and much more at the Ottawa Winter Brewfest!
- Join in the 2018 Lunar New Year Celebrations in Chinatown as the entire neighbourhood celebrates the year of the dog on Saturday, February 17 with gifts, giveaways, and fun all around Chinatown. FREE!
- Sharpen your skates and bust out your moves at the DJ Skate Night this Saturday, February 17 taking place at the Arena at TD Place!
- The Ottawa Fringe Festival’s winter festival, Undercurrents, finishes up its run of contemporary theatre shows on Saturday, February 17.
- Celebrate the Chinese New Year this weekend at the Casino du Lac-Leamy with Asian-inspired menus, a dragon dance, and more!
- At the National Arts Centre, the famous musical Les Misérables is on now through Sunday, February 18.
- Bring your family to fun Family Day programming across Ottawa at sites like the Royal Canadian Mint, the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, and more! Some programming is FREE!
For more information regarding all the events, check out the Winterlude web-site: Winterlude Festivities
For more information check out the Ottawa Tourism website.