Celebrate the most unique activity Ottawa has to offer – skating on the Rideau Canal and enjoy the best Winterlude ever!!
From February 3rd to 20th, Ottawa plays host to the best Winter festival ever – a Canadian Signature Experience called Winterlude.
Stay at the newly renovated Lord Elgin Hotel, where you are at the heart of the best Winter activities including Winterlude, our famous Winter Festival. Overlooking Confederation Park, home to the Winterlude’s Crystal Garden (International Ice Carving Competition), you could not find a better vantage point. The Rideau Canal, now in the Guinness Book of Records as the Longest Skating Rink in the World, is located only one block from the hotel.
We have a Winter Getaway Package that is the ideal combination for your visit to this amazing festival. With skate rentals, free parking and breakfast and just a short walk to the canal, it doesn’t get better. BOOK IT NOW!!!
To appreciate just how ideally located the Lord Elgin for Winterlude, have a peak at this video
Steps away you can also enjoy best shopping Ottawa has to offer – the Rideau Centre, just one block from the hotel and the Byward Market, which is full of boutiques and specialty stores to find that unique item. Dine in the hotel, or try one of the many restaurants and eateries located on or near Elgin Street, or in the Byward Market, in the Glebe or Westboro… all very popular with foodies!
For more information regarding all the events, check out thier web-site: Winterlude Festivities
This weekend in Ottawa! February 16 – 20
Even though it’s the middle of the winter, we aren’t worried! Ottawa is still booming with events for the whole family!
- In case you missed the first two weeks of Winterlude don’t fret, there are still festivities ongoing now until now until February 20! There are so many activities to check out during the festival with your family, such as the Crystal Garden, Snowflake Kingdom, family skating day. There is also an Ice Bar, the annual Byward Market Server Games and Sub-Zero concerts to have a check out in the evening! Check out the Winterlude website for more details!
- A first for North America; the ice dragon boat race will take place on the Rideau Canal! Teams will use ice-sticks to move along the frozen canal for a shot to come in first! The competition takes place Feb 17-18. Visit ice dragon boat for more information!
- The Algonquin Commons Theatre presents “The gift of Jazz” a tribute to Black History Month. Celebrate the spirit of men and women who overcame incredible challenges, and view the contributions of these performers on the world of jazz. Be sure to catch it on Feb 18.
- For the beer coinsure, check out Winter Brewfest at Horticulture Building at Lansdowne Park between Feb 17-19. Sample many hand-crafted beers and beer-inspired local cuisine.
- Explore the cold and join Canada’s biggest cross-country ski event in Gatineau Park, don’t worry if you’re a beginners or experts everyone is welcome to join 3000 other skiers from Feb 17-19.
- Check out Canadian favourite Blue Rodeo from Feb 18-19 at the National Arts Centre.
- Visit Preston Street to take a free horse-drawn carriage ride from Feb 18-20.
- Get active this Sunday, Feb 19, with the 9th annual Winterman. Take part in Marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K, and 3K run courses along the Ottawa River.
- Celebrate winter by eating all of the maple treats. Both Fulton’s Pancake House and Sugar Bush and Parc Omega have maple events starting this weekend and continuing for the duration of the Winter.
For more information check out the Ottawa Tourism website.