The Lord Elgin Hotel is the ideal spot to escape to Ottawa, Canada’s Capital City, and celebrate the holiday season. Located in the heart of the downtown of Ottawa, you cannot imagine a better location to enjoy the colors and excitement of the festive season.
From December 7, 2017 to January 7th, 2018, the Christmas Lights across Canada program is turned on, illuminating Elgin Street and Confederation Park, as well as Wellington and Parliament Hill. The hotel is surrounded with twinkling lights and you cannot help but feel festive.
Every year the National Arts Centre brings one of Canada’s top Ballets to perform the Nutcracker, a favourite that will always put you in the spirit. This year, the Royal Winnipeg Ballet will be performing this magical production from December 6-10, 2017. For more information on this ballet and to book tickets, click here… act fast, this performance is very popular and always sells out.
If you want to do some serious Christmas shopping, you are in the right spot. The Rideau Centre is only one block from the hotel with over 180 of the biggest names in fashion beauty, and many new exciting newcomers to the mall. Just a few blocks away is the Byward Market. Created by John By in 1826, the Byward Market is one of Canada’s oldest and largest public markets. A favourite spot for visitors and locals, in this four block radius you will find museums, cafes, boutiques, specialty food shops, night clubs, restaurants, pubs, galleries, hair and aesthetics salons and spas and more.
Grill 41 Restaurant in the Lord Elgin offers their special holiday menu starting December 1st. For Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, they feature an amazing menu and are booking up quickly. Now very popular is Christmas Dinner to go – turkey and all the fixings all prepared by our wonderful chefs. Check out our menus at Grill 41’s website here or call at 613-569-2126.
New Years Eve in Ottawa this year will be a amazing event as we ring in 2018! The party will get started right outside our door at Ottawa’s City Hall. Our restaurant Grill 41 has some wonderful culinary offerings to keep you warm and full for the evening. Check out their New Years Eve offerings here. For more information on what is going on in Ottawa for New Year’s Eve, check out Ottawa Tourism’s list.
Holiday Rates & Deals
The Lord Elgin has a variety of packages and special rates for the holidays, such as our Book Direct (10% off) Cars Stay Free Package or our very popular Stay and Save Rate that offer up to 30% off your stay. Check out our Specials and Packages page for more information and to book your next stay.
There are a number of fabulous shows & concerts taking place in Ottawa this season.
- The Good Lovelies Christmas Concert– Nov 25 – National Arts Centre
- Jann Arden Christmas Concert – Nov 26 & 27 – National Arts Centre
- 15 Annual Christmas GOOSE Concert – Dec 3 – National Arts Centre
- A Christmas Carole – Dec 5-24 – National Arts Centre
- Nutcracker by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet – Dec 6-10 – National Arts Centre
- Chris Tomlin Christmas Songs of Worship – Dec 11 – National Arts Centre
- Kenny G – Holiday Hits – Dec 12 – National Arts Centre
- In Terra Pax – Ottawa Choral Society – Dec 14 & 15 – St. Joseph’s Parish
- Disney in Concert – Dec 14–16 – National Arts Centre
- The Next Generation Leahy Christmas Concert – Dec 18 & 19 – National Arts Centre
- Skydiggers Christmas Concert – Dec 20 – National Arts Centre
- Joshua Bell’s Christmas – Dec 20 – National Arts Centre
- Crystal Shawanda – Christmas with Crystal – Dec 21 – National Arts Centre
- Handel’s Messiah – Dec 22 – National Arts Centre